My name is Noa Deutsch. I am a 30 something endurance coach, biomechanist and sports nutritionist. I live in beautiful Vancouver, BC, which I absolutely love for its great endurance community, fantastic local coffee, good eats and unbeatable ocean & mountain combo in an urban setting.
In addition to my work making athletes faster, I am a photographer, self taught cook, coffee snob and lover of everything blue, with some splashes of pink and sparkle thrown in for good measure.
GET TO KNOW ME - 10 RANDOM FACTS
- I am passionate about excellence. Doesn't matter in what area, be it in sports, photography or anything else. I also like paying attention to the finer details and observing trends, which helps achieve excellence.
- I am not a morning person, yet I spend a lot of time working early in the morning... Its the way it goes in the world of sports and chasing light
- I started a business almost right out of university and have had very few 'regular' jobs, where I was working for someone else, I was (and still am) a blend of ambitious, dreamer, hard working and a bit naive. I wouldn't have it any other way
- I lived in 3 different countries (and 3 different continents) and I aim to travel to at least one different country yearly.
- I was born with both my legs so internally rotated (from the hips), that I was placed in full leg and hip cast from the moment I was born, for several months. I am unsure I would have been a high performance athlete if the doctors didn't cast my legs.
- I was putting together a portfolio for art school during & after high school, as I planned on studying art first and get into sport science afterwards. Art school never happened, but I do have a few of the portfolio pieces hanging on my walls at home.
- I competed in mountain running world championships (in Italy, when I was 19 years old), but did not know that was the race I was signed up for until 4-5 days before the event. Its a long, random story.
- My initial answer to most questions is 'it depends'.
- I either can't concentrate at all and have the attention span of a squirrel, or I hyper-concentrate and everything around me disappears. I also happen to like contrasts.
- I really like helping others, in any way I can. I am also a big fan of random acts of kindness.