I have been a part of the triathlon, running and cycling worlds since 1993. Before that, I was a competitive swimmer. I raced as a junior & U23 elite triathlete before severe over-training & disordered eating led to a diagnosis with chronic fatigue Syndrome, which cut my athletic career short. I have and will continue to dedicate my career to help athletes and make sure something like this does not happen to another athlete.
I grew up in Israel, studied in New Zealand and now live in Canada, where I started PT Performance Training in July 2006. I help athletes of all ability levels, from first timers, to recreational to Olympians, with coaching, bike fitting, testing, nutrition and a lot more. To fuel my passionate for athletic excellence and high performance sports, I created Pacific Tri-Works, a high performance/elite triathlon team. I am also the head coach of the Leading Edge Triathlon Club.
In addition, Fueling Endurance Performance is focused on sports nutrition, specializing in endurance sports and I am in the process of launching EmpowerHer Cycling, with the goal of empowering women to take control of their cycling experience.
Education highlights Experience Highlights
- Canterbury University, Christchurch, NZ (2005): Bachelor of Sport Coaching & Science, specializing in performance physiology & biomechanics
- International Olympic Committee: Post Graduate Diploma Sports Nutrition (2009)
- ISAK level I: International Society of the Advancement of Kinanthropometry
- NCCP introduction to competition
- Triathlon Canada Performance coaching stream - NCCP competition development (in training)
- 19+ years coaching experience in various endurance sports, working with kids, junior, beginners, age group and high performance development levels.
- Proven experience developing athletes to international, elite level of competition
- 11+ years experience bike fitting Olympians, national champions, professional athletes and other athletes of all ability levels
- Triathlon Canada senior squad technical swimming coach
- 7+ years experience as a sport nutritionist
- Camosun College: Nutrition for sport & fitness lecturer